1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Trunk leak, 98 Neon

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would start with the tail light gaskets first its the most common spot and pretty simple to fix...

Old 05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

Originally Posted by 95to96transplantneon
oh and the neon was intended to race... it did so well in SCCA they had to make a spec neon class... and before that they had to give other cars what was called a trunk kit of otherwise illigal parts for a stock class just to compeate with the neon... the neon was just given really cool wheels... and thats about it...
yes the neon is a great lil race car but the neon was more designed to be a cheap lil econo car which it also exels at... i drive my car daily and yeah its a blast to drive with the wonderful 7200 rpm redline of the dohc... but when i drive decent like i do most of the time i've been pulling anywhere from 36-38mpg... pretty damn decent i think...

Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 PM
KayceStyles

OMG im so happy i found this feed, I have had my '02 neon for a little over 6 months now and i couldnt figure out how the trunk was leaking!!! it leaked so bad it was pooling into the floor, not sure if thats a totally different leak but it only gets wet on the passenger side backseat floor, but i wasnt going to put any sounds in the car until i figured out this leak! worst is when it gets hot out and it looks like a steaming sauna is inside waiting for me to roll my windows down ha ha

Quick Reply: Trunk leak, 98 Neon