1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

engine out... sohc in....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
droppedneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine out... sohc in....

johnMZ24i did the same swap but my fans dont work dus it work on your? let me know cuz its geting hot out and it sucks fliping the switch when it gets hot. and what motor harness didyou use for the swap? thanks chris

Old 06-03-2008, 01:12 AM
JackMehoffer69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine out... sohc in....

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

every sohc ive ever driven (manual or auto) has sucked from 80mph to the rev limiter....every single one of them...
the dohc has never let me down yet
I take it you've never driven a dohc auto, I'm going to Neons 08 want a ride? my stock Neon sohc will impress you! I've had 3 of these sohc automatics and each one is awesome. I put my foot on the gas just a little bit and she'll do 100mph within10 seconds or lessfrom 65mph without engaging the kick down, when I hold it in second gear and step on it at 65mph and hold second up to 95mph she'll wax a twin cam Grand Am 2.4liter155hp by 2 cars. Remember too Spudterier that sohc have higher gears too and with a5hp difference between the 2 motors the dohc will feel faster. I'll put a video up of it tomorrowafter I fix my front motor mount, it snapped off on the 2 top mount bolts again, I guess I'll have to "Farmer weld" it.

Spud pleasedo me a favor with your new sohc atx Neon, go 30mph and once at 30floor it like you stole it and tell methat sohc doesn't move pretty good, it will impress you I promise. I have 185/70/14s on mine and they give the car better off the line power ten fold from the 195's. Sounds crazy but you can burn out too with the 185's, they help with the long azz gear ratios of the sohc atx.

Quick Reply: engine out... sohc in....