Old 06-22-2008, 01:44 PM
JackMehoffer69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar PCM (computer) questions

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: JackMehoffer69
Im thinking about getting Zacks Mopar PCM from him but I have a question, Will my fans work seeing his pcm is a 96 and my Neon is a 98?
No, they operate the fans differently unless you swap the pins.
Do you know what pins they are?
They are pins 18 and 55.
I decided to pass on the pcm, I figured if Im to run higher octane gasoline I mine as well throw my turbo on it and get more than 8hp and not worry about the Torque converter lock up or fans and have a kick in the pants more than a pcm can provide. I know my turbo set up is not a hahn set up but a pcm and ud pully plus a missing link I'd feel kinda taken especially if I'm to mod the fans and tcc. No offense to Zack cuz he's extremly cool but I may have considered no questions askedif he threw in the indy manifold, even then power wise theres no comparing.

Thanks for the help guys you saved me from a potential mistake, I would have gone through with it had I not been forced to alwaysusing 93 octanewith Gas prices the way they are and then mod a trans cooler and get bad gas mileage on top of it since no TCL.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Why dont you just pop over on the org and sell ur setup, then buy a mopar ecu, udp, and intake manifold. Hate to say it but the org has really good business. I seen a 95 mopar ecu for 120, unorthodox new with p/s for 90 and a box intake manifodl for 200. Thats about 400shipped. Turbo is to much worry if you dont have the proper tools to tune it already. I like the idea of knowing my car is going to be running a very long time with no problems. But I just hate the power loss. So I will slowly build up my all motor until I can keep up with jack me off. Then I will be happy and about 2k in the hole. Oh yea. Megasquirt is next. I will let you know how that goes.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: I_Ride_Neon

Why dont you just pop over on the org and sell ur setup, then buy a mopar ecu, udp, and intake manifold. Hate to say it but the org has really good business. I seen a 95 mopar ecu for 120, unorthodox new with p/s for 90 and a box intake manifodl for 200. Thats about 400shipped. Turbo is to much worry if you dont have the proper tools to tune it already. I like the idea of knowing my car is going to be running a very long time with no problems. But I just hate the power loss. So I will slowly build up my all motor until I can keep up with jack me off. Then I will be happy and about 2k in the hole. Oh yea. Megasquirt is next. I will let you know how that goes.
I'm not mad or anything dude, I just can't do a favor on the turbo when I'm still in debate over weather I want to put it on.. if I get a back up motor I'll put it on faster than a Gayzo at a *** munching free for all. Anything else that I have I'd give you pretty much for free like my tb's and mtx parts.

Quick Reply: Mopar PCM (computer) questions