1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

1995 Neon Front seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 AM
WRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Neon Front seats

Ok, guys! I have searched the forum but can't come up with any usefull info, so I'm just gonna ask!!Has anyone done or tried to extend their front seats back for more leg room cause I just don't have enough room!!! If anybody has any info on the best way to do this or if there is a kit or something please let me know!! I have to drive about an hour and 15 min one way and I am just so cramped up in there!!! I know I could come up with something but I know there is probably an easier way and ANY help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Default RE: 1995 Neon Front seats

No. you can but it will require lots of modification. Because the back peice and bottom peice mostly works together and really needs to be in the location for the seat to recline properly. Only thing I can think of is try aftermarket seats. Then you can move the mounting brackets around.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:59 PM
WRT

I was hoping that there was a kit that just relocated the 4 mounting points rearward, I am only going todo the drivers seat, I see how I can do it but I will have to fabricate 4 pieces to mount them to and the front looked a little more dificult, but do-able!! Just was hoping there was a kit, I have seen them before but I could not find one for the Neon!! The back 2 bolts should only have to have a piece of 1/8" to 1/4"stock with the holes drilled in each end aprox 5" center to centerto mount, but the front has the 90 deg. bend in it and there will be a little more fabrication involved, maybey even cut the 90 deg. piece of and weld another piece of 1/8" stock that I get bent for the 90 deg. and bolt it back in the original position. Therefore, I would be moving the mounting points rearward, in turn moving the seat and the track rearward, not losing any functionality of the seat!

Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

You lost me after I. But I have done alot of work on the seats and found they are easy to work with. but the mounting for the top piece of the seat is part of the entire bracket. So if you move the seat on the bracket then you will have problems with mounting the back support part. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 1995 Neon Front seats