1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

i feel like an idiot....read bottom

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
mulletman11
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i feel like an idiot....read bottom

was dropping the headliner and the pass side visor came all the way out, went to fish for bare wire with my hand, car was on, the wire touched some metal, car shut off, radio does not work, and even wen car is off and key is out, my fuel gauge is stuck on 1/4 tank.
i do have than much fuel, but it wont go down once i shut car off.
i will try and replace radio fuse
car starts, no radio, no interior lights

EDIT
changed the radio fuse, those it does not look burn, and ALL other fuses look to be ok
still no interior lights or radio, and gas is stuck wen car is off, runs fine thought
i will check to see if i have power gogin to cig lighter
i have no interior lighting other than stock visors mirrors glovebox and main light

HELP

Old 06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
mulletman11
All Star
Default RE: HELP ME, r/t sparked, now is broken HELP need to go to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone, *******, zach i see ur online
boxer?

Old 06-30-2008, 02:56 PM
JackMehoffer69
Default RE: HELP ME, r/t sparked, now is broken HELP need to go to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I found out that any wire can lead to nothing working! my 02 sensor wires fell on my header and somewhat melted together, I blew a stupid fuse under the hood its a #25 fuse nothing to do with my fuel pump or ignition but yet it blew the radiator fuse! damn!

I redid the wire and put a 30amp fuse in and called it good, my speed sensor got wet once and did the weird fuel gauge ****,your just going to have to take the head liner all the way down and find the short the only advice I got...

Old 06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
mulletman11
All Star

there is no short now
i grabbed the wire and hung it back in its plastic sleeve and attached it to the visor
what is the fuse that contorls the interior lights?

i think it hit the metal in the roof and shorted all the lights, mirror lights, main light, visor lights

htf my fuel gauge is ****ed up i dunno

Old 06-30-2008, 03:06 PM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: mulletman11

there is no short now
i grabbed the wire and hung it back in its plastic sleeve and attached it to the visor
what is the fuse that contorls the interior lights?

i think it hit the metal in the roof and shorted all the lights, mirror lights, main light, visor lights

htf my fuel gauge is ****ed up i dunno

its gota be a short cuz with a broken fuse you'd have something that doesn't work, and your gauge half works, or it could just be stuck there and you could still have a broken fuse that way hard to say, i'd try moving the wires again where they went out when you moved it and try to trace it.

Any expirence I've had with broken fuses under the hood the car wouldn't start, it seems even though its not listed for the given fuse operation it still takes it out!

On the door fuse panel I'd pull each one and see if any are out. Its a stretch but also maybe just pull your cluster out and try to reseat it as it may just be a fluke it stopped working when you did the headliner and vibrations may have jived it loose.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
mulletman11
All Star

thats wat i meant, the fuse box inside, not under hood

i did jiggle that wire alot, to get it back intot the connector, still nothing

and all my interior lights are not working, thats somethiung broken

i dont think u understand how it happened
i have lighted visors, there is a wire that goes to tem form roof
that wire is in a little connector, it sliped out and the bare end grazed the top of roof(metal)
saw a spark
then radio died
lights died
and fuel gauge shot up
i grabbed the wire and reinserted it into the connector, not fray or cut in that wire

Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: mulletman11

thats wat i meant, the fuse box inside, not under hood

i did jiggle that wire alot, to get it back intot the connector, still nothing

and all my interior lights are not working, thats somethiung broken

i dont think u understand how it happened
i have lighted visors, there is a wire that goes to tem form roof
that wire is in a little connector, it sliped out and the bare end grazed the top of roof(metal)
saw a spark
then radio died
lights died
and fuel gauge shot up
i grabbed the wire and reinserted it into the connector, not fray or cut in that wire

So then did you check all the fuses in the entire car then? under hood and dash panel? check fuses you wouldn't think would blow check them all if you didn't allready! beyond that I have no clue.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
JackMehoffer69

Do you by chance have an aftermarket cd player in your dash? there could also be a fuse attached to its power source that could have blown as well and taken your lights out.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
mulletman11
All Star

i have not checked any under hood fuses
i hae check all fuses in car, even ridiculus ones
im on the phone w neonike form the org
he sold me my car, if he does not know the answer, no one will, i feel he might be more neon knowladgeable than das...... scary thought i know

who can posses that much neon knowlegde?

ok ill kil the rhyming

Old 06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
JackMehoffer69

Neonmike can't be too smart ifhe soldthat sexy black RT, or maybe he is if its having problems like that.... Flip a coin and decide and win a free prize!

Das has an iq of 400 he's a regional genious!

Quick Reply: i feel like an idiot....read bottom