1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

drums to disk brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 AM
JackMehoffer69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: drums to disk brakes

ORIGINAL: DOHCgarrett t3

Jack and mullet you both should go screw yourself. we're here to help eachother, not to tell someone how they should do something they want to do.

We're looking out for his best interests that he didn't even know he had, do you expect us to be supportive if he asked how to tie a noose for hanging somebody or himself? Doing the swap is pointless and he didn't give us any real reason why he needs to do it. A reason like 'I need it for a racing class' would have been anacceptable excuse. Disk brakes easier to change? drums are a breeze! as are disks theres no time difference.

it seems to be ok whenever somebody wants to turbo their car DOHC Garrett you are one of the first to say 'its impossible' or 'its alot of work' why bark up mine and mullets tree when we pretty much saved this guys time and money on a useless mod.

I work with people who ask stupid questions about stupidsolutions and when you tell them why the route they want to take is a bad idea they still want to know how to do it without giving us any valid reason why he wants to do it so we could better assist him in his quest. If he's not smart enough to tell us why he needs it then he probably isn't smart enough to put it on thats why he's asking here.

DOHC Garrett,I deal with wanna be bad boyjerks like you everydayso let me tell you this, what you say to me and about mewill be forgotten when I'm banging my hot portuguesegirl friend in my back yardwhile your boy friendattempts to getthe sand out of your frozen Alaskanclit. If I don't forget it after giving my girl friend a madorgasm I'll certainly laugh it off how a guy way up in Alaska is trying to tell me off over the internet, but thank you for telling me to screw myself I'll have a great laugh about that on the way to work tomorrow!.

J-Son600, I'm going to give you a little something more thanI gave DOHC Garrett but I did bear gifts for him as I sent him a freebox of Cleanix Tissue paper(so he has something to cry into thats more warm and fuzzy than me).I respect your opinion and the way you handled yourself,but I did not feel I was being rude to him because allI said to him was 'its a utter waste of time, but go ahead and be a jerk off'. Did I say he was a Jerk off? noI didn't butI did imply if he attempted this project he would be a jerk off, theres a difference.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 AM
mulletman11
All Star

the man, though inquisitive, had no ****ing clue
so i gave him my opinion, which last time i checked, i had freedom of type, and he can choose to either take it or not
he gave no reason why he wanted to, he just did
now, if u dudes wanna give ur opinion, go for it, im not against it at all.

o and dad, dont tel me to be more poliet, ill do as i please, capeacsh?

Old 07-02-2008, 06:19 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

well if you answerd his question then it would be diffrent. but you just told him why waste your time. Its his choice and not yours to save him money. this is not the .org thats the type of **** they pull there, not here.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:25 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

all this comming from someone that turboed a SOHC ATX? hows that for "freedom of type"? why waste your time and money on an ATX SOHC???? it was a dumb idea.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:15 PM
JackMehoffer69

all this comming from someone that turboed a SOHC ATX? hows that for "freedom of type"? why waste your time and money on an ATX SOHC???? it was a dumb idea.
I spent $150 on the car got my 2nd sohc Im using now for free from my brotherand my turbo costed me $200 to put on and the car raped everything it raced in its class and a few notches above its classtill a jelious exfriend cut my turbo feed line after I beat his ****ty Grand Am GT when I left the hood popped while eating at Taco Bell.

The only real money I got invested into my car was registration and Gasoline the rest I got as time permitted, I'm putting my turbo back on and it will rape any 5 speedNeon with the standard performance mods along with doing a quarter mile time of a stock 2003SRT-4 14.2 seconds track proven, not bad for an atx!. It will only get better since I got the 95 sohc.

I had a Mitsubishi TE04H turbo on my Neon that thing spooled like you wouldn't believe I won alot of races because half the idiots I've raced were slow shifters and my atx only had to shift once during a race and i still wiped them 5 speed noobs by 4 cars or more. how am I dumb? I made a consistant mid to low14 second car for under $400 including the purchase price of the car. I wasn't a dumb *** and spent $4500 on a ugly white RT that would never even get a chance to touch my turbo sohc without having a turbo or some serious mods to the motor. Guess what on my youtube 0-115mph videoI did the quarter mile in 15 and a half seconds with a near stock sohc atx I believe thats enough to compete with a dohc 5 speed.

You spent $4500 on a car that blue books for $3200 bravo smarty pants and its white with scratches and key marks,I talked to the seller about that car before you bought it off ebay it doens't even have the original motor to warrent that price.

Do you remember this picture?:

**PWNED**

Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
JackMehoffer69

well if you answerd his question then it would be diffrent. but you just told him why waste your time. Its his choice and not yours to save him money. this is not the .org thats the type of **** they pull there, not here.
I did help him I told him RT's have rear disk brakes.read up ^^^^

Heres DOHC Garretts Picture again its funny!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
Professional

ill actually be switching to disk brakes in my autocross car

is it required, no, is it heavier, yes, do they stop better stock, no

however, i will be running 275/35/15s front and back, and doing a serious amount of work getting more of the weight near the center of gravity, meaning away from the front and towards the middle, the drums wont be able to handle that much of a weight transfer with 275 wide hoosiers for more then a lap or 2.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL

ill actually be switching to disk brakes in my autocross car

is it required, no, is it heavier, yes, do they stop better stock, no

however, i will be running 275/35/15s front and back, and doing a serious amount of work getting more of the weight near the center of gravity, meaning away from the front and towards the middle, the drums wont be able to handle that much of a weight transfer with 275 wide hoosiers for more then a lap or 2.
thats exactly what I wanted to know, if its for a racing class then I would have had no problem explaining it to him. he just kinda sat there and didn't give us any usefull information to aid us in helping so I kinda got mad about ignorance. I did tell him where he could find a Neon rear disk... the RT Neons.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

For those with rear disc, get thicker rotors found on 89-94 dodge cars (new yorker, spirit/acclaim, dynasty, lebaron, daytona, etc). They fit perfectly, and may give better response depending on pads used.

Stock neon rotor on the right.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JackMehoffer69

I did tell him where he could find a Neon rear disk... the RT Neons.
Actually, plenty of non r/t models have rear disc. Some sohc atx cars have rear disc. It was an option just like anything else.

Quick Reply: drums to disk brakes