1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

has anyone ever used these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone ever used these?

I was wondering if anyone has uesd these and if you think the would provide better handleing
http://www.performancecenter.com/whe...-wheel-spacers

Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 AM
unclemike
Veteran
Default RE: has anyone ever used these?

I would be leary of using any kind of spacer because of the stresses put on the studs and bearings. Also you are changing the front end geometry. Imagine two lines, one is drawn along the axis of the strut and other is thru the center of the wheel tire combination. The two lines should intersect at the road surface. If you space the center of the tire out (with spacers or deep dish wheels) from the line thru the strut the car will pull on uneven road surfaces. If you have ever driven along trolley tracks or on a road that is being resurfaced you may have expierienced the pulling. Spacing the wheels out makes it worse.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Default RE: has anyone ever used these?

Here is a story for you. There was a lady that came and ask me why here wheel was shaking at high speeds the week before. Kinda have the local mechanic thing going. The car had some large wheel on there with spacers. Lug nuts were snug to the spacer, but loose from the spacer to the hug. That spacer had sheared off the wheel studs. Nuff said.