1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

ok WTF

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 AM
mmench
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok WTF

ok so im all but done the turbo on my car. the other day i relocated my battery to the trunk and now the car wont start. the starter wont even attempt to turn over. SO i went to the JY and got another one to try. same problem. i thought maybe the ground was bad so i moved the battery back to the front and rehooked everything up like it originally was and still nothing. when i did try to put the battery back to original i had no power goin to the radio either.... its confusing the hell out of us.
other ideas we thought of but cant find to be as the problem...... bad ground, not enough grounding, dead battery, bown fuses, bad relays. only thing im not sure about is the alarm system. i was having a problem before were it wouldnt stop going off so we ripped it out completely and i respliced all wires to how the needed to be.
ANY IDEAS WOULD BE A HUGE HELP>> I GOTA GET THIS CAR TURNED OVER

Old 08-12-2008, 09:11 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you ground all the wires up front???
i took the 2 or 3 ground wires...put ring terminals on the ends...then used a sell tapping screw and screwed them to the frame rail...

how did you hook up all the power wires?
are you sure you have all of them?
should be 3 power wires up front....1 for the alternator...1 for the starter...1 for the PDC..

Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 AM
mmench
Captain

i hooked a ground to the strut bolt in the trunk, and ran a ground from the block to the inside frame rail ( gona redo this one with another wire instead of bare ground strap). now i only have power wires coming from the starter and pdc. never saw one goin to the alternator unless thats the fuseable link???

Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 PM
spudsterier
Legend

there is a big black wire that goes to the alternator...
if you look at the factory battery clamp, there are 2 wires molded into the clamp (alt. and starter) and the pdc bolts to the clamp

Old 08-13-2008, 06:29 AM
mmench
Captain

hmmm.. i doubt the clamp that was on it was the stocker.... there were three wires coming from the + terminal. 2 went to the bolts on the pdc and one to the starter. .... hmmm this sux

Old 08-13-2008, 08:18 AM
spudsterier
Legend

well there deffinately should be 1 going to the alternator....stock or not, the clamp should of had 1...

you had 2 wires going to the pdc? was it sumthing that sumone changed at some point? because stock, there should only be 1

Old 08-14-2008, 07:48 AM
mmench
Captain

yea the two going to the pdc bolted to the two nuts on the side of it.. i guess whoever had it before switched it from one wire to two smaller ones. ... idk

Old 08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

try scraching the paint off the strut tower so your ground gets solid metal to metal contact.

you only need one 8gauge wire going to the side of the PDC

Old 08-15-2008, 06:27 AM
mmench
Captain

problem solved. i ran a ground straight from the battery to the starter bolt and it started up fine. sounds sweet with the turbo on it to