1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Dodge neon '99

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
zar20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge neon '99

I started this new thread because i have many questions about my dodge. I recently bought it and i want to instal power windows and power door's... im from romania and my english is not that good. I hope somebody will understand. The thing is that my battery gets consumed very very fast. I don't think it's the alternator and i really hope it's not it. If you can tell me if i can install the windows and a thing that will close and open my door's i will be grateful thank you

Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

GO to the junkyard. Pick up a set of power door, power window, donor doors. I have the things needed to put power mirrors and power locks in the front, When I did it, I looked up a wiring diagram and wired it up took me a few hours to install it all. There is a good amount of wiring involved. You will need to cross them all together so the all unlock when you hit either switch, same with the windows. Good luck on that. Dont forget fuses.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 AM
kabuk1
Professional

Hi Zar, I'm Romanian too(can't speak it though, unfortunately). Welcome to Dodgeforum and the wonderful world of Neons

The junkyard is a good place to start, but if you cannot locate any parts there or can't find a junkyard, check ebay. Do a search for power window and lock kits. If there's nothing on ebay, try doing a google search for it. There are websites that sell power conversion kits. I've looked into it myself, I also have a 99 neon that I want to convert to all power.

It would probably be easiest(although more expensive) to just take it to a shop & have them do everything. This is the way I would personally recommend you do it. A power conversion is kind of a big thing to do, and if you don't know what you're doing you can really mess things up.

About your battery- it could just be that your battery needs replacing. I'd start by replacing it, and if it still drains, then it could be the alternator.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:08 AM
zar20

Thanks. Ill probably go to ebay because here we don't have any junkyard that could help me. Should i buy power windows for dodge or any kit from the net would help me. Do i have any slots were i can put the buttons of the power windows? The thing is that the battery i've charged it and after 2 day's it was empty again so i figure it was the alternator or i left my radio open and stuff like that witch is not that good because... well i don't plan to buy a new battery every year. Well thank you very much. After i paint and put all of the thinks on it ill put pictures of it on here.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Carolina Magnum
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site from North Carolina. I have a 98 fully custom NEON; fortunitely I bought this NEON completely finished! It has shaved handles with power opening & locks running off the Alpine Alarm System. I have added two options to mine. 1. Added jumper cables running out to underneath the car so if the battery should fail, I still have a way to hook up a charger and get the doors open. 2. I added a switch under the car incase the battery goes dead in the remote! (This way I can just reach under the car and hit the button and open the doors without the use of the remote control!)

Last edited by Carolina Magnum; 01-07-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Dodge neon '99