1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

steering/signal issue!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:56 PM
eaks
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering/signal issue!

hey guys.. Looking into another annoyance of the new ride (trying to get EVERYTHING fixed before i get it on the road in november).. So the next issue im at is the signaling issue.. right signal light will go on with the switch when teh wheel is at any possition but will never click off no matter how much i turn the wheel (so i manually turn it off each time).. The left hand signal works perfect EXCEPT that i need to get my wheel fairly straight before it will allow it to "click" into place (the steering wheel is turned a bit counterclockwise.. but doesn't pull on the road or anything.. just that the wheel isn't straight)..

So my questions..

-1: Is my multiswitch broken (mainly for the right hand signal not clicking off)?

-2: How can i straighten my steering wheel (i dont need an alginment or anything i just want to center my steering wheel)..

Thats it for now.. after i get this issue fixed im on to minor things like fixing dome light and whatever other issues i can find!!

Old 08-31-2008, 09:21 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the switch needs to be replaced; I ended up taking mine apart and messing with it. it takes time to fix it yourself, lots or parts that you can lose. as for the steering wheel you have to get it realined.

Quick Reply: steering/signal issue!