1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

my fuse pump fuse keeps blowing i need help bad

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
twiztidnub
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question my fuse pump fuse keeps blowing i need help bad

ok so i have a problem and need help asap i have a 98 neon sohc 2.0 auto trans my fuel pump fuse keeps poppin on my and i dont know whats going on i have replaced my fuel pump relay and my fuel pump its self egr valve crankshaft position sensor (due to code) and my throttle position sensor and it is still blowing fuses. now it dont matter if its hot cold, sunny or snow. long drive or short it can do it i can replace the fuse and be good for the rest of the day other times i will do it and blow three befor it even starts then a mile or two down the road it will blow again. now behind my battery under the fuse box there is a ground wire i thought my be the issue but playing with that dont seem to help much either. any ideas?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a common problem and has an easy solution...check the wiring to your upstream O2 sensor (the one on the exhaust manifold). A lot of times, the wires will be grounding out on something causing the fuse to blow.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
twiztidnub

ok ty i will go look at it real fast and let you know what i have come up with

Old 10-28-2008, 12:49 PM
twiztidnub

ok so i looked at it.. again in not really sure as to what im looking for but the wire to the top side of the o2 seem to be ok and the wires goin to the plug part seem to be ok do you think anything with the oil sending unit wires have anything to do with it cause lookin at the o2 i saw one wire goin to the o2 sensor and the end goin to the plug was kinda bare.....

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the wires just above the passenger side axle. Locate your fuel pump and check any and all wiring. Tape up any exposed wire(s).

Old 10-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Blockya

if need be un plug the o2 sensor if it quits blowing fuses either find the short in the wire or replace it with a new one. Had this happen to my 98 but i was able to find the bare spot in the wire.

Quick Reply: my fuse pump fuse keeps blowing i need help bad