1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

motor swap done runs great but now it wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor swap done runs great but now it wont start

well i sucessfully swapped my 97 sohc to my spare 98 dohc using the sohc tranny. it went well and i was driving it around with no problems. i moved the battery to the trunk wen i had the sohc so i put that ground to the body and all was fine. i was drivin around with the dohc after the swap without that wire connected because everytime i would ground it the starter would just click and all power would die. so i jus left it off along with the other little grond wire that was grounded the the front frame by where the prop rod clicks into place. anytime i connect these wires it does this. i did use the dohc starter and made that work with the stock harness i was thinking that had something to do with it. right after i took it back off i started it and all was fine until the i realized the fuel pump wasnt on. so it stalled and wouldnt start back so i wired it to a switch so it was forced to come on. so i try starting it and it wont so then i put a screwdriver in a spark plug wire and hold it abov the valve cover bolts and its not sparking so now im assuming i fried somthing by that wire being grounded so i put the stock dohc computer back in from the mopar computer and same thing happens now idk y im not gettin spark all of the sudden??? is there certian relays or fuses i should check? what is the auto shut down relay? what does that do?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuel pump/ASD relay is the same thing. First check all related fuses and relays.

Quick Reply: motor swap done runs great but now it wont start