1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

97 SOHC rad. fans not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:25 PM
lateralus823
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 SOHC rad. fans not working

So my fans decided to stop working today Awesome i must say, i changed the fuse and its not that, how do i go about trouble shooting between the relay, the fans, the coolent temp and wahtever else? Help asap please thanks.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:24 PM
atxjax

Originally Posted by lateralus823
So my fans decided to stop working today Awesome i must say, i changed the fuse and its not that, how do i go about trouble shooting between the relay, the fans, the coolent temp and wahtever else? Help asap please thanks.

1. Take your fans out. test them by using the battery to connect directly to them. If they spin then you know its not your fans.

2. Your coolant temp *SWITCH not the sensor could be faulty also. Take a paper clip and short the two wires together. Your fans should come on. If they dont then something else is going on and you should check your relays per below.

3. Take your relay out and make a external hookup to it. 30 to ground, 85 to +12V, 87 will be your output. When you put +12V on 86 you should get +12V on 87. This is assumning the relay is a SPDT.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:37 PM
lateralus823
Veteran

Originally Posted by atxjax
1. Take your fans out. test them by using the battery to connect directly to them. If they spin then you know its not your fans.

2. Your coolant temp *SWITCH not the sensor could be faulty also. Take a paper clip and short the two wires together. Your fans should come on. If they dont then something else is going on and you should check your relays per below.

3. Take your relay out and make a external hookup to it. 30 to ground, 85 to +12V, 87 will be your output. When you put +12V on 86 you should get +12V on 87. This is assumning the relay is a SPDT.
I dont really understand what your saying...

Where is the coolant temp switch might i ask ?

Quick Reply: 97 SOHC rad. fans not working