Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5 speed or auto

w00t

Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 PM
PearlStealthRT_TT
Professional

if you shift fast enough the r's really dont drop....and since the 5-speeds gears are a closer ratio than a 4 speed and ESPECIALLY the 3 speed....sounds like a sticks better for a turbo....plus in a stick you control the engine r's for off line take off also....so let me think....shift fast...closer ratio...more power to the ground....more fun to drive...faster...better gas mileage and its standard equipment so i payed 600 dollars less....and got all these benefits...theres your answer...theres no debate

Old 03-15-2005, 08:51 PM
AirWolf

I love autos for now and mine are pretty fast I take 5 speeds around here I dont race anymore cause I came close to gettin killed seriously im just out for show now no racing ever again.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:34 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: lonasindi

ORIGINAL: RT_Driver

ORIGINAL: lonasindi

look at high end cars, like the me-412. it had a 'manually shifted automatic transmission'. you know what that means?
It's called a sequential transmission. It's not an auto, and it's not a stick. A sequential doesn't use torque converters or clutches. From what I've read about them they use a dog box. And the cost for one of them is around the price a SRT-4.

eh... didn't know that.

still illustrates my point.

regardless.... some mod really oughta lock this thread, it's been said a few times now:

It's all opinion. no system is better than another 100% of the time. arguments are pointless.
why should the thread be locked? Its just people expressing there opions. Some people are a little narow minded, and over zealous, but thats expected.

Quick Reply: 5 speed or auto