1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

5 speed or auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 03:06 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 speed or auto

ok I dont want to start anything on here I like you all I have nothing against 5 speeds I just perfer autos my sxt and my 1st gen neons are both auto and I think they are pretty peppy and very fun to jazz up. I just em sick of everyone puttin down autos they are not really that bad I know must of you on here have 5 speeds yeah I would love a srt4 but honestly still need to learn to drive a 5 speed im still young and going to learn soon .who has a 5 speed again and how fun are they without puttin down autos. thanks

Old 02-14-2005, 03:11 PM
GroundControl
Veteran
Default RE: 5 speed or auto

i herd that if you have a turbo its better to have an auto. Something about keeping the boost up inbetween shifts. I lov my friend 5 speed though, you can feel more power when he down shifts and shi%.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:18 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker

I like having my 5 speed. I have nothing against autos. I think that it all comes down to what you like to do, If you like flat out dragging then autos are nice to have, but if you are doing major cornering,this is what I like to do, the 5 speeds are alot of fun. You have more control I feel when coming out of a corner.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

5-Speed hands down

Old 02-14-2005, 03:41 PM
ag03

you cant really knock autos mopar is running an auto thats pushing 900 hp

Old 02-14-2005, 03:47 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yeah, autos are better for boost because they shift faster so its boosting longer. However if you can drive stick well then its not really that big of a deal. Mod for mod, I'll beat the auto equivalent of my car unless of course I misshift, which doesn't happen often. I don't really see why everyone says auto's are so much better for dragging, the only thing they are on a dragstrip is consisent. If you know how to drive a manual then you can be just as quick, just maybe not as consisent. In the corners the manual will annhilate the auto any day of the week, once again you gotta know your car though. I'll take the manual every day of the week, autos aren't really any fun for me. Theres nothing like doing burnouts and chirping the tires going through the gears.

Old 02-14-2005, 04:18 PM
lonasindi
Veteran

an automatic transmission seems to have better potential, if for nothing else but the speed of the shift.

manuals are hella more fun though.

Old 02-14-2005, 05:22 PM
casper
Legend

I have a MTX, I would never drive anything else. I have nothing against ATX, but I just prefer a MTX. If I ever did a strct drag car I would go auto.

Old 02-15-2005, 04:09 AM
nippondrifterae111
Professional

sorry but i have to bag on all u fools who think auto is better than manuel autos dont redline and theyre no fun at all and u dont pay attention as much
to all u fools who drive autos because u cant drive a stick freakin learn how to and get good
autos suck and they are a waste of time to drive on the streets
to the fools who think turbos on autos is better ur more dumb than i though
autos dont redline so u wont be getting redline and max speed whats the point dont be so freakin lazy and drive the stick
if u drive a stick well a turbo on a manual is way better because u can control the the gears and rpms and if u drive well like most of u cant
u get better 1/4 miles
u guys r funny autos r nothing but crap
manueals r for those who know how to drive so if u drive a stick but prefer autos stop trying unless u learn to drive a stick
those u drive a stick crappy like most people go back to ur precious autos
sry i cant help but talk crap about autos and those u prefer them \
quit being so lazy and learn or quit and stay off the road cause it's not even worth it im tired of people who sport autos cause they cant drive worth crap and those who drive stcik and drive even crappier stay off the road then

Old 02-15-2005, 04:52 AM
ewetho
All Star

If you like to drive, and no I don't mean to and from work on the expressway at 65. I mean drive through coners barkin a tire or 4 and getting a little crazy once in a while then a stick is just more fun. You have better milage, more HP to the wheels. So the car is faster are you???

If you spend every moring in bumper to bumper traffic then you may hate your stick before long but some of us still would not give it up for the world. Just have to remember while trying to talk on the phone driving will have to come first and rowing is driving in this instance so put down the phone and shift.

Me, I like to row my own and would not want it any other way. But you have to plan stuff like that sip of your coke. It is driving and it's fun. Are you the enthusiat??? Do you like 2 gear and over 50 and 3rd past 80??? Been there and its fun.

You decide, it is up to you.

Quick Reply: 5 speed or auto