1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

97 Neon won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:31 PM
vlmuke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Neon won't start

OK my 97 neon won't start turns over just fine timing belt OK fuses OK I was having issues with possibly bad PCM got a known good one out of a 98 put it in, found the ignition fuse on the dash blown replaced it got a signal from PCM fuel pump kicked in and turned car over ran for a second then died now back to square one no signal from PCM no fire no fuel but now the fuse isn't blown any suggestions I am really frustrated
Thanks and Happy New Year
Rich

Old 01-01-2009, 02:59 PM
JesseP

Im having kind of the same problem, the relay for my fuel pump wasn't receiving power, had to rewire that. And now my ignition coil isn't getting power... Trying to figure out why... Mine would turn over and everything too, just wasn't getting fuel.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
vlmuke
Professional

I looked at the manual and I'm gonna check the crank sensor if that doesn't help gonna check the cam sensor but from what the book said I think its the crank sensor you might want to do the same

Old 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
JesseP

Aight mine turns out to be the computer, I don't know if you have tested yours or not, but if u cant figure anything else out might wanna try that.

Quick Reply: 97 Neon won't start