1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

who knows how to turbocharge neons?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:29 PM
GLXRustang
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am assuming oil feeds tee off from the oil sender at the back and coolant line tee'd from the heater lines.

I am happy to hear that stock feed lines and puny 1/4 returns are enough plumbing for 2) 255 LPH pumps. I just saw something curious though. For fords, you got to match Mass Air sensors with injectors, but since neons don't have that, you can just swap 30lb inj for the stockers?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah its nice not having to deal with mass air flow sensors...hell you can throw in whatever size injectors you want...

i spent an hour at menards one day finding all the fittings i needed to make a T fitting for the oil feed....screwed into the back of the block where the stock sending unit went...then from the T was the feed line to the turbo and an autometer oil sending unit for the gauge....
worked great
for the return line i drilled and tapped a hole in the top back of the oil pan....then put a hose nipple in the pan and ran the line from the turbo to the port

Old 01-21-2009, 02:53 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

Thanks Spud, its all the little things that me personally I get tripped up on. That's why I wanted to hear other people's turbo setups. I want to be turbocharged this summer, but my 12a TD05 is weak. Got to be better than no turbo at all.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:15 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

ahhhhh.... i love these threads!!!!

t3t4 turbo
fmic
welbro 255 intake fuel pump
return line
turbo xs rfl bov
2.5 intercooler pipin
port and polished head
mopar performance 6hp cam
indy racing valves
titanum valve springs
indy racing intake manifold

it runs 8psi, mods that were going to be in the future consist of built bottom end, and built tranny... have decided to put the car back together with the stock block for one summer, the car has been down way to long without me driving it.... money is just not there.... running ms for a fuel management, accually getting ready to put the tranny and block back together maybe this weekend...

also will be running a 50 shot of nitrous when the bottom end is done and complete

sorry this is a quick right up and i know i forgot alot.... lol

Old 01-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Spawne32
Professional

the crane cam designed for the turbo application would probably work better

Old 01-21-2009, 07:47 PM
dtjackten

lol, they r the same lobe and duration... lol same cam half the price

Old 01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
GLXRustang
Professional

I would rather have a cam that sounds as good as it performs. I looked into the td05 12a and its too weak. It flows a meager 320 CFM at 15 psi. DT, how hard is it to install a megasquirt?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 PM
dtjackten

not sure, i am having a friend install it when the block goes back in.... hopefully in about a week... spikeymikey did it on the second gen side of df and i am accually getting his ms1, i have an ms2 half built incase i ever want to upgrade.... right now i just want the car to run again... i am having a tech at a dealership that is a friend of mine install it for me.... he does all the wiring for the shop, and he is really good, he installed my safc II in about 30 min.... and it worked good... i ran it for a while but it just does not have all the capabilitys that i am looking for were the ms does

Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

looking for an update on the turbo neons here, the specs and specific details. Got some really good turbo setups for folks to bench race from the veterns of the site. Hope to hear from some more, though. I want to do this for summer so maybe I can provide a decent setup with pics and sound.

Quick Reply: who knows how to turbocharge neons?