1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Oil still leaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:12 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Oil still leaking

Have you checked your oil sending unit, it could be leaking from it.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Neon_2ner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine's leaking some oil too and I just finished the head gasket back in October, now I noticed that my crankcase seal needs some tightening or something along those lines. But if you said there isn't any visible on the ground and none burning, I would imagine it's getting into the coolant, and that's possible from having a bad head gasket. The repair isn't too bad on them if you have the tools and space to work on it. As we all know putting a 2.0L in that size engine bay makes it a hassle to work on.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Neon_2ner

Mine's leaking some oil too and I just finished the head gasket back in October, now I noticed that my crankcase seal needs some tightening or something along those lines. But if you said there isn't any visible on the ground and none burning, I would imagine it's getting into the coolant, and that's possible from having a bad head gasket. The repair isn't too bad on them if you have the tools and space to work on it. As we all know putting a 2.0L in that size engine bay makes it a hassle to work on.
The original post is almost 2 years old [8D]

Quick Reply: Oil still leaking