1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Pushing Past 120MPH 2.0L SOHC

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009 | 03:00 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

well, i just like to feel a car pull to about 70-80... that is what i enjoy, the feeling of getting thrown in ur seat, that is what i enjoy... my car is set up for suspension to handle power... but a strait drag that is where it is at.... i love it.....

Old 02-18-2009 | 03:48 PM
chenzo
Veteran

Yeah whats worse than dumb kids going down residential, is where I live, we have milke trucks who fly by my house at 60, and its 30 down my road... And theres kids that live on my road...Its terrible. Theres only one road I habitually speed on, and I know that road like the back of my hand, and its in the middle of nowhere. Speeding in residential is just retarded.

Old 02-18-2009 | 04:44 PM
oobical
|
Amateur

There is a place for racing and there is a place for driving and neither of those should ever be the same place. I have kids too and my neon isn't really my daily driver, I drive a forced induction ford f150, my neon is just to mess around with the foreign jobs that race the strip, but we have been doing dyno races lately and my basically stock neon doesnt want to push past 120. Although I was told to just make it accelerate fast because I already have a truck that will eat honda civics alive when towing 2000lbs in the bed. I have an oil leak from my pan hitting the rack I believe, so that is going to be the fisrt to replace. but what would give me some better acceleration and where would I be able to find it?

Old 02-18-2009 | 04:46 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i only really speed down gravel roads....nothing more fun then 70-80mph on gravel

Old 02-18-2009 | 06:50 PM
chenzo
Veteran

Theres really no gravel roads around me, but when I go visit my buddy in Iowa, his grandparents live down a gravel road and thats always a fun drive.

Old 02-20-2009 | 03:20 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

I am confused are we, or are we not into speed? Acceleration or whatever. Of course speeding in school zones, neighborhoods and gravel roads is a big no-no, but on Toll roads and bypasses it should be fine. Why else are people here concerned with DOHC and SRT4 swaps? I havent seen a post like, "My car is too powerful" or "I just bought 15 inch subs, how come they wont fit?" Hell naw. I am here to make mo' power, to beat the guy in the other lane, and to show the Honda boys at the strip my license plate number. I could easily get shot in my neighborhood (no, really) than die in a car wreck.

Old 02-20-2009 | 03:41 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Speeding is illegal. There is no speed limit at the race track. Well there is but you dont need to worry about that. Making more power had nothing to do with illegal racing or driving. People die from it all the time. I am sure moderators will support me when I say this site does not support speeding or street racing because they are illegal. It does support acceleration, mo' power, and beating people on the track.

Bad: flying down public roads or highways, driving speeds in a car that can not handle it.

Good: Racing down a controlled track, with a car modified to handle high speeds.

Old 02-20-2009 | 04:27 PM
sabin420
Captain

for people in the South-east www.chinmotorsports.com run your car on a race track w/ these people or go to www.trackschedule.com for a list of other groups and times they are running on a track. the legal way to speed.

Old 02-20-2009 | 09:01 PM
spudsterier
Legend

basically, im more into power then i am high speeds....
im not against speeding on public roads, as long as its a somewhat reasonable speed...in my terms, that would be under 80mph...

the goal with my project car is not to make it go 150mph or anything, but to make it just get up and go fast and pull really hard.....plus....slide around corners

Old 02-23-2009 | 02:30 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

For those of you around my area, Osceola Dragway has test and tune on Friday's. Starting this spring, its fun and cheap and theres alot of imports to beat.

http://www.osceoladragway.com/

This is where I'll be every other week..

Quick Reply: Pushing Past 120MPH 2.0L SOHC