1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

99 Expresso VS 03 Grand prix gt?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
streetracer88
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grand Prix gt your better off passing as you will get smoked by it no offense but he has alot more power then you yah he weighs more but thats is made up by the extra horsepower he has so he will get you at the jump and all the way to the end sorry you had to hear the truth from me my friend raced my friends grand prix gt with his neon and he got smoked by him so your better off not embarrassing yourself just my opinion but if you want try it and find out the hard way lol

Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to own a 2001 grand prix GT and that car was alot faster then i expected.....
i still say you wouldnt stand a chance

Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Default U R NOT ready

Originally Posted by spudsterier
i used to own a 2001 grand prix GT and that car was alot faster then i expected.....
i still say you wouldnt stand a chance
x2

You'll need to mod up to play with that one.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

Do it, you've got a 1000 less pound advantage 3410lbs vs 2485lbs. Motor Trend says our stock DOHC's churn out 150 HP @ 6800 RPM and add on your mods, I'd say youre at least 175 hp. His piece of sh*t GTP has only 240hp. With those numbers, both could run the 1/4 at 96 MPH.

Little dumb sh*ts talk about their supercharged boats, I know one kid who threw a rod in his recently. Every single 3800 series pos I know has thrown rods or timing chains. GM's ARE JUNK smoke the little punk

I'd go for it, if youre defeated then you'll def 'mod up'. With srt4 turbo swap, you'll shut down any supercharged GM's with ease

I'd bet on ya, believe that

oh an he'd better have a the S/C cuz i've already beat one of those pos boats. It was funny, ******* always wanted to go after work when I didnt drive the mustang. Saw him at a light and gunned it even with my automatic, by the time he caught up, I had exceeded 100 and was coming to a light. Actually I think his was powered by the S/C 3800

Right after that, I saw him in a new Cadilac CTS... go figure.

Last edited by spudsterier; 04-15-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:16 AM
streetracer88
All Star

lol no offense but i think your wrong lol..

Old 04-11-2009, 01:26 PM
sabin420
Captain

I still say you should try. You could make your neon lighter by stripping the seats out the back, doin stuff like that. pull your system out. then go race. A neon is a light car. Like everyone is saying, you got him till bout 60 mph. It takes a minute for his automatic to resopond, and an automatic always shifts before the peak shifting point w/o a shift kit. Really depends on the driver at this point. How good are you?

Old 04-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

Originally Posted by GLXRustang
Do it, you've got a 1000 less pound advantage 3410lbs vs 2485lbs. Motor Trend says our stock DOHC's churn out 150 HP @ 6800 RPM and add on your mods, I'd say youre at least 175 hp. His piece of sh*t GTP has only 240hp. With those numbers, both could run the 1/4 at 96 MPH.

Little dumb sh*ts talk about their supercharged boats, I know one kid who threw a rod in his recently. Every single 3800 series pos I know has thrown rods or timing chains. GM's ARE JUNK smoke the little punk

I'd go for it, if youre defeated then you'll def 'mod up'. With srt4 turbo swap, you'll shut down any supercharged GM's with ease
first off the 3.8s are not that bad if everybody you know with one is throwing rods and **** then they are retarded... it means they aren't doing there modding properly... most of the guys forget when you add more boost you need to add more fuel... i've seen gtps with basic catback, pulley intake and fuel upgrades run low 12s... that amazing for the size of that car thats fwd and with no internal mods... throw a cam some head work, stronger internals, headers and someway to tune the engine and your looking at over 500hp easy... those 3.8s have been around forever and there is a reason for it cause they are the best v6 gm ever made... they are tough simple and reliable... that the main reason they are so popular.... now as far the guy that said that only gtps came with the sc 3.8 yeah your right but one its easy to change the badges and also easy to swap the sc parts on to a regular 3.8... but considering its just some lil punk kid i doubt hes got it done... but deff don't count him out with the regular 3.8 its a powerful engine i've driven a few of them and they are still pretty quick actually really not that much slower then the sc gtp....

Last edited by Altima_wb; 04-11-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Nates_expresso
Professional

Still no go, he doesnt wanna bet on it... Apparently it's an 06, it's the new body style. It says GT on the back... I think it's a leased ride.

Year Make Model trim 0-60 Stock 1/4 mile time
1998 Dodge Neon R/T 7.5 15.9

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix gtp 6.5 14.9

No listing for a GT leval grand prix, or an expresso...
Might not be a good idea afterall...
~Nate

Old 04-11-2009, 10:58 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

Modding properly? My sisters cutlass pos had that pos 3800 and she def did not mod. My wifes pos cutlass had a 3800 and it wasnt modded either. My sisters pos threw the rod outside of the car, landing next to the front tire. My wifes threw the timing chain and the tranny was junk, apparently GM sucks at trannys too, so quote that altima. Anything worse than GM is jap junk. altimas are sh*ty too. I have beat the GM 3.8L, and soon, the S/C 3.8's are next.

And back to the point, apparently Nates expresso was too much for the punk anyway, so rock on Neon enthusiats

Oh and altima, my wife has two degrees and my sister is a pharmacist graduated top of her class be careful who go around calling retarded

You don't have to believe me, but let my mustang be the proof of my words, just click the cardomain link in my sig. I back up my claims, there exists a formula for 1/4 mile trapspeed using the weight of the vehicle and its horsepower. Its been the fairly accurate way to calculatge HP for decades.

http://www.tunercalcs.com/estimate-q...mile-time.html

compare 175 @ 2485 for nates 150+mods and 240 @ 3400 for the 3800 S/C GTP close race yes?

you'll need that supercharger to beat a neon

Last edited by spudsterier; 04-15-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Altima_wb
Captain

in the 1/4 yes you will need the supercharger... to beat the neon... but once you get past the 1.4 mile the regular 3.8 even will wax a modded neon...thats were those motors have the major advantage... and if you would have read my first post you would have seen that... and apparently you haven't done much reading about other domestic cars cause not just gm has problem with transmissions both ford and chrysler have had plenty of problems with transmissions also... i watched a srt 8 300c shell its tranny on its second run at the drag strip bone stock... so if i used your logic that means all the chargers challengers magnums and 300cs are all junk just cause the one had issues.... **** happens man no matter how good an engine or transmission is there will always be some that blew up for almost no reason... and altimas junk ha lol your funny i had an altima on it with over 200k that didn't burn a single drop of oil... ran perfect and i ran it at the strip all the time in the summer... one of the best cars i ever owned... not a single rattle in that car either... i would still have it but some guy pulled out in front of my wife and the car is now in a better place... don't get me wrong i love my neon but i miss my altima.... yes my neon is faster then my altima but considering my neon is rated at the same hp my altima was and the neon is almost 500lbs lighter.. but a ton smaller.... "jap crap" junk seriously there are some "jap crap" owners that give them a bad name but most of those "jap crap" cars are actually built in the usa unlike most of the domestics you so love...

Quick Reply: 99 Expresso VS 03 Grand prix gt?