Boost control.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:11 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost control.

Srt-4 turbo on 2.0.

Well I got the car running great. No more turbo back spin (I used both the srt-4 bov and a aftermarket bov). Now I am having troubles getting my ideal boost. Right now it runs 5psi in first, 4 psi in second until above 5k. Then it runs 2psi in the other gears. I want to run a 4 -5 area all the time. I tried a boost controller (bleeder type) and it will make it either run 7psi or 2. I made one that just blocks the boost to the wg, but thats giving me those jumpy boost numbers. Also if I run the wg straight to the boost it only runs 1.5-2psi. Any ideas? What about if I poke a hole in the vac line with a needle? also does the stock srt-4 bov have a gasket?

Old 04-18-2009, 03:59 PM
9R/T.4door8

idk if theres a gasket but if theres a vaccum leak itll give low/jumpy boost. that happened to a guy here in centeral indiana. it was bad.....hed go from 3psi all the way to almost 24 psi instantly! then it would cut the boost and go haywire. we found the leak and replaced the hose...its fine now.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

sounds like a vacuum leak someware.... prolly to ur wastegate but it could be almost anyware....

Quick Reply: Boost control.