1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

goin turbo...got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
GLXRustang
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, couldn't a piggyback like the AFC neo work to add fuel to the RPM curve? They've got 16 hi and lo settings for TPS. You can also adjust ignition timing with it. You wouldn't need to take out the pcm, or do the spool boy mod for a return line. All you would need is a 255lph pump and injectors, you think?

Old 04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

3rd white, don't forget, the rrfpr needs a return line added right guys? The spool boy mod, and regulator can be bought here, this is the one I'm going with.

http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/...xtCatalog=Fuel

Old 04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

an ms will beable to control all ENGINE functions, and yes u can run it piggyback if u want to so that u can still have ur power windows, exc..... but u can also run ms as stand alone also, just depends on the way u wire it....

Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
dtjackten

and yes with a rrfpr u need a return line

Old 04-27-2009, 08:34 AM
GLXRustang
Professional

would you still need a return with a piggy-back? You'd need injectors, but you could tell it to spray more still at 45 psi right?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:47 AM
dtjackten

yeah, at low boost apps u can do that, but if u are going for big power u need a bigger pump, and unless u go inline then u will have issues with ur regulator trying to reg to much or to less, causing the car to not start. flooding the engine.

but yes at low boost u can run a non return line system with an ms.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Injectors: stock ones are 19's? I run 28.1. (1996 supercharged bonneville injectors) 24's were to small still. I am on 5psi of boost.
Stock fuel system: Spoolboy mod is just by-passing the regulator, and making a return line dump onto the pump itself so it doesnt get hot or run dry.
Your stock regulator only allows 49psi to the front no matter the condition.
The injectors your going to use will matter on the rrfpr and the rate of gain. I am using somewhere around 4:1-6:1 for rate of gain under boost. I set my base fuel pressure to about 29psi (because stock is 49, do the math) to make up for the bigger injectors. The stock O2 sensor will make ur car run 14.6 at any warm idle but will not compensate for acceleration or boost. Fuel rail will not help on a stock motor, just use to stock fuel rail. If you plan to use stock injectors you will need a gain of around 12:1 and hope you dont max them out. Your looking at fuel pressure of 100+ at just 5psi of boost with the stockys. Which can cause stress and problems. Fuel system needs alot of thought, I learned that rrfpr's are not very reliable and hard to get nice fuel curves. Wideband is needed. MS is a very hard thing to understand. I owned a complete ready to bolt in ms setup that I sold because I couldnt understand everything. If you like to read hours and hours and hours with trial and error. then ms may be good for you. If ur looking to run low boost, and drive the car daily a rrfpr will work fine.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
dtjackten

very well stated i ride..... ms is a hard thing to understand for sure, but the benifits of a better tune are what i am after, just for higher hp.... i am accually not going to run my ms this year due to time and money, i am going to run it when i get the bottom end built, so i have room for errors and the bottom end will not come apart.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:59 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

impressive impressive impressive kudos I Ride. Theres alot to turboing these things than first thought. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ran 8 pounds of boost on stock injectors for more then 20,000 miles with no problems at all

Last edited by spudsterier; 04-28-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: goin turbo...got some questions