1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

97 Neon dohc NO START

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM
fastguy6921
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Neon dohc NO START

Hey guys, back again with a new vehicle. My 97 neon had a bad head gasket when I bought it. I assume it had been running when the gasket went bad. I swapped out the gasket and now I have no spark. I get code 11 with the keydance and nothing with the obd II scanner.

I have ohmed the wires for the cam sensor to the pcm, the crank sensor to the pcm and the coil pack to the pcm. I have also ohmed the coil...checks out fine. I replaced the cam sensor and am going to get the crank sensor shortly.

I have read alot of posts on here with this issue, but I'm horrified to find that no one has posted to tell how they fixed it if they fixed it.

By the way I checked the voltage to the sensors (8.0 volts at both) and while moving the crank sensor to and away from the engine block it would variate the voltage to the pcm. just tried to test it if you will to see if it was working. Not sure if that works as a test.

So, long story short can anybody tell me if I missed anything? Or what else to look for?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:36 PM
sabin420
Captain

knock sensor?
front of the engine under the intake manifold.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
fastguy6921

Turns out it was the CRANK SENSOR. For the life of me I can't figure out why the computer and the no start test would point to the camshaft sensor when it weas the crank sensor all along. Hair pulling frustration let me tell you! Anyhow all is well now. I guess it just went bad sitting there broke down. Oh well, Running now. Thanks to all who read this.

Quick Reply: 97 Neon dohc NO START