1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

95 Neon DOHC 2.0 Shaking and Power loss

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Lanfear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Neon DOHC 2.0 Shaking and Power loss

Hey guys, my car is experiencing problems. The problem is lack of power (stalling occasionally) and shaking heavily. So we figured out one problem which was the timing. The previous owner had apparently left the tensioner pin in when he changed the water pump. So I had my mechanic reset the time but the shaking problem still happens. Its weird because the shaking goes away once the car gets going but when still in all gears it does something a little different. In park it shakes bad, in drive, 1 and 2 it shakes a little less but when I put it in neutral it shakes like crazy worse then the 2 before. And when I put it in reverse it seems like it stalls out. We ran compression on it and it was good 150 psi. my mechanic thinks it might be a bad cam sensor. Anyone have any other ideas what to look for?

PS When I bought the car the owner informed me that it had an engine swap last year to the DOHC, so maybe the motor mounts? Any info would be great Thanks!

Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Lanfear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Hey I just got finished again and we fixed the timing belt, Its brand new now everything is set perfectly. The loebs are in gorgeous shape. The problem we found is that only 2 of the 4 cyls are firing. So its a spark issue so today we are going to replace the coil pack and the cam sensor and the computer and that should hopefully fix the issue! Hope this helps for anyone with the same issues

Quick Reply: 95 Neon DOHC 2.0 Shaking and Power loss