1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

****y 420a overheating (junk)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reaperof_evil
ok nvm i fixed it the battery in the trunk idea was dumb with my system it was drawing on the alt way to much and when i turned it up the heat gauge went up lol so i put it back where it belongs
so you had a bad ground then... from the sounds of your problems and the fact that putting your batter back up where it belongs fixed the issues means that when you had your battery in your trunk you didn't have a good enough ground to the chassis...

Old 05-27-2009, 02:08 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Nates_expresso
Never seen the point of moving weight off the front axle...
It is eaiser to run innercooler piping this way.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:20 AM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

indeed problems all fixed finally got rid of the emissions code only have a fan relay code and something about not having flow for the cat? i have an aftermarket downpipe so im not worried about that finally got everything taken care up just have to clean the system up now and get all the wiring in the engine bay clean again there no point to running the battery to the trunk the alt cant deal with the stress from the system and the bass dimmed the lights like crazy so everything back to normal added another cap so no more light dimming and the car still burns second so im good to go gunna hit the track up to see what kind of quarter miles time i can hit i ran it on a back road with my buddy he used his stop watch ended up with a 14.4 but i really dont think thats right thanks for all your help.

Quick Reply: ****y 420a overheating (junk)