1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Got some where

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 06:35 PM
99reddohc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some where

OK so found out why it wasnt starting. The exhaust cam snapped the dowl pin out, luckily I had a spare. Got it all back together and Compression is great once again. But now it starts rough idles decent with some popping in it and it pukes when I give it gas. The gas is old so i gave it some fuel treatment and the plus and wires are new. Any Ideas?

Eric

_________previous post________________
Ok i have a 99 dohc neon that is all together weird....had 93k on it and shattered a rod at under 2500rpms. Took the motor apart and found that it was clean as can be....no oil baked to anything and could still read the laser print on the rods. So after $1500 in new parts we put this thing back together. Turned a sohc bottem end into a dohc.new gaskets and everything. Put it together and got it running when i saw that the intake was cracked. Replaced it. started it again then the exhuast cam jumped time. Tore the head off replaced valves put it back together. Compression checked out great, timing is dead on getting fuel and spark. Throwing no codes except the 12(battery) and 55(end codes).But it still wont start. Turns over smoothly all sensors are hooked up, replaced all of them.and firing order is correct. Been trying for 2 weeks to get this thing to start up again, it just wont fire. If any one has a n idea that could be causing it to not start id appreciate the input.

Eric

Old 03-14-2006, 01:59 AM
booboo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got some where

did you get it to stop poppin and pukin if so how did you do it i could use the info to get mine to do the same