1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

built turbo 2.4 wont spool

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:01 AM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question built turbo 2.4 wont spool

i just swapped in my new turbo 2.4. its a 2001 pt cruiser block, 2.0 head with 2.0 cams, 24 pound injectors. 8.0:1 compression ratio bored .20 over and eagle rods. its a turbonetics turbo. yes the injectors all all moved down one to the right and injector 4 is extended to number 1. and yes the cam position sensor is flipped around 180 degrees.

now that thats all said the motor misfires which i think is what is causing it not to spool at all. the turbo still spins but doesn't boost. all vacuum lines are hooked up correctly i believe and no exhaust is coming from the wastegate and no boost is leaking anywhere. i do have a bad exhaust leak but thats all where the downpipe/o2 sensor housing connects to the rest of the exhaust. but y is it missing. i was told to swap around the outside wires on the coil pack feed wires but then it wouldn't start like that at all. so i put them back to normal. im thinkin i fried my coil pack by doing that.

i also have no oil pressure at idle. when i give it gas the light goes away. my oil feed is branched off the oil pressure sensor. i have an srt4 oil pump. yes i did remove the balanceing shafts but i didnt get a set screw or whatever i just put a big o ring thats nice and snug on the pick up tube and put gasket sealer around that little 1 bolt flange holdin on the pickup tube.

any inputs? suggestions? thanks...

Old 07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turn the cam magnet 90 degrees.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ake-a-nap.html

Last edited by 12 volt; 07-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: built turbo 2.4 wont spool