1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Leaking under the dash on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Nikki24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking under the dash on passenger side

My 1995 Dodge Neon has been leaking water under the dash on the passenger side. It mainly leaks from the blower motor whenever the AC is on. Also when I make right turns the water spills out from what it looks like under the radio console. I've had to rip out the carpet on that side to prevent mold smell. I'm currently not using coolant in my radiator only water because I'd rather have a water spill than coolant. I've heard this could be a leak in the cooling system or the heater core. What do you think?

Old 09-06-2009, 01:18 PM
sabin420
Captain

if it's hot water/antifreeze then it's the heater core. If it's cold water, then you got a clogged drain for the evaporator from the AC system and it has pooled up in your vent ducts.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Nikki24

Yup u were right. The drain was clogged afterall. It was filled with a whole bunch of leaves and dirt. I stuck my finger in there and was taking out the mess and my finger got stuck. Almost had a panic attack. LMAO!! Put a little vaseline n my finger slipped right out. Now I know better for next time if this happens again. LoL Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Leaking under the dash on passenger side