1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

question about 3.0 cold air setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:49 PM
zilfer22
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about 3.0 cold air setup

I already have an aem cold air intake system but currently have it sitting by my exhaust manifold .My question is im trying to do the whole 3.0 setup but cannot get tubing past radiator fan after i cut my stock tubing its very similar to my aem setup. Do i need to remove the radiator fan since there are 2 of them.I am not running ac nor do i have a condenser or any of that stuff either. The 3.0 setup or aem will not fit down past my battery tray and radiator fan.I have trimmed the battery tray up like posted but still doesnt fit.Any info would really help i am pretty good at car smarts just wondering as how exactly to do this thx. Id really like to use my aem since its all polished aluminum and looks alot better.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

you could get a piece of tube from like o reillys, kragens whatever u have..cut it to just make it past the batter tray and radiator

Old 10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
the_real_mr.cool@yahoo.com

If you want true CAI, move your battery to the trunk. It's prety easy. I did it in one night, was never shown how do it, and im 18. I'm sure you can do it. Go to a local elec. store and ask for 4 gauge welding wire. Cheapest stuff you can get. it goes right under your carpet, and secure your battery to the floor. run another wire to your strut mount. Dont forget to reconnect the ground wires of your engine and starter. have fun. It looks awesome.

Quick Reply: question about 3.0 cold air setup