1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

96 Dodge Neon - No Spark, No Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 07:48 AM
spoofyjf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 neon no spark and tried almost everything

So I was on my way to work I made it 7 blocks car just died check it out the fuel rail didn't have enough pressure so I replaced fuel pump now I have no spark I replaced cam sensor replaced coil but ran out of money I can only fix one more thing and wanted to know if there was a way to check the crank sensor and if it's not that's is it gonna be the ecu? How can I tell it's 95 there is no codes

Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 AM
spoofyjf
Default woops it's a 95

Typo it's a 95

Old 11-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Twixx91
Default Ugh

Hi there call me Twixx. So I have a 96 plymouth neon sohc it was running sluggish stuttering here and there for about 3 weeks. So I changed plugs and wires. Ran a little better for a week then wouldn't start in the morning. Got it to start but was stuttering bad so I figured was fuel issue.checked for spark and was good. Would start and idle fine but in gear would stall. Changed the fuel filter under tank. Added clear filter inline before fuel line for better view and easier changing. Still nothing just a few coughs. Then replaced coil pack nothing.replaced camshaft position sensor and nothing. Out of money. So is it a PCM issue or crank sensor? I don't know what else in the ign system could get no spark but fuel delivered.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:25 AM
spoofyjf
Default no spark

Turned out to be my ecu mine ran really ruff before it was doing a lot of wierd things like popping fuses for dashlight to not wanting to go in to gears after i replaced the ecu everythung is running great almost like a totally diffrent car

Quick Reply: 96 Dodge Neon - No Spark, No Start