Water/methanol injection!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 PM
ottoretto
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/methanol injection!

hello fellows, im new in this and i wanna sk a few question about methanol:
1. the methanol its used like Nitrous oxide?
2. its can be used on a n/a car (neon)?
3. i can use a fuel pump of inyect the methanol?
any other thing its help full too!

Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 AM
chandlerdoom

whatsup, i know nothing about meth on a neon. but have a devilsown meth kit on my s4. so i can relate somewhat.

1. meth is i guess kind of like nitrous, but it has a different purpose.
2. im sure it can be used on a NA car, but its used primarly for turbo'd cars.
you can use a fuel pump, but your best bet is buying a set thats made from a company that uses the correct pump and lines.

now some things to know, meth is hard on the motor, it wears it down much quicker than without.
you would want a safty cutoff for the meth, because if meth is not being injected when the car thinks it is, than BOOM! remember anything can happen, leaks or clogs, so be safe. In my audi s4 I tapped into my windshild wiper tank, because I have a warning light that comes on if I am low on fluid, so thats my safty.
you will want a switch for it, because theirs no reason to run meth 100% of the time, mine was set for when I built more than 15psi it would start injecting the meth.

honestly in my own opinoin, I wouldnt do it unless you were boosted, and wanted to run more boost and retard/retarded your timing

goodluck tho

Old 10-31-2009, 02:12 PM
ottoretto
Professional

ohhh i see, i want to use a lil of meth just 10 percent with 90 of water, im not boosted but i got high compression, i pnp my head, dohc piston on a dohc head, i milled my head and i got 11,5:1 cr, so i wanna a cooler mixture, i just gonna try with so lil water, so i can use water pump!? i know how much water i can add so dont worry xD

Old 11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
chandlerdoom

alright now i see where your going with it. any liquid pump should be fine, its not thick or anythign of the sort, my car usings the windowwasher fluid pump so shouldnt have any worries. I dont know the safness of pumping water into your engine tho. I wouldnt do to much.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
ottoretto
Professional

i will try with an fuel injector first, just for try, then i will be improving the water, i know that i can putt more than 45cc of water cuz i will blow the engine, co its not too much!!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 AM
justinsanders
Captain

but also remember that the water will not burn no matter how hard u try. it will more or less turn into a vapor more like a gas to cool the combustion chambers. but remember that will mess with your air/fuel ratios and your computer will see that change and think its running too rich/lean when it may not be. just make sure to do your research because i dont know the details i just know that water wont ignite. and if u do run straight meth then you'll need to make sure your not making the engine run too rich by adding in an extra fuel...something to think about i hope i got your mind moving in the right dirrection. someone else feel free to chime in correct me if necessary

Old 11-04-2009, 12:27 AM
justinsanders
Captain

but hey how much did u notice from your pnp head. cuz i just got mine back from the machine shop and he did the full pnp. not just the ports where the head meets the manifolds but down inside a lil more to where he had to remove the valves. same size valves tho he just did a valve job. is this what you had done too? i got the head shaved 4 thousandths but i have a thick head gasket to make up for that. but what kind of power did u feel from that. i was told id loose bottom end torque but gain top end like hell cuz it breathes much better. lmk thanks.

Quick Reply: Water/methanol injection!