1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Fuel fillter neck issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
thecause17
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel fillter neck issues

I've gotten a couple misc. EVAP codes with my car since I bought it a few weeks ago, and smelled fuel a couple times when I've filled up, so I decided to take a look, and my fuel fillter neck is leaking(seems to be a common thing here), most likely the source of both the EVAP codes and smell.

I went to the junk yard and found one in nice shape, looked identical to the one I have, but when I went to install it I had the two side by side and the one I picked up is about 2-3 inches longer than mine. I thought at first it was because I got it from a sedan, but whe pricing new ones, no one differentiates between the two, so they are not supposedly different.

Does anyone know what the deal is, and if there really are differences? I'll most likely buy a new one now, since the one I got was about the only one in the yard not showing signs of major rust, but I want to avoid getting the wrong one. I paid $3 for the one I got that's wrong, so no big deal, but I don't want to pay $70+ for the wrong one.

Quick Reply: Fuel fillter neck issues