1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

engine stutters/hesitates at steady throttle only

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 AM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine stutters/hesitates at steady throttle only

i dont get it. it usually happens wen im on the interstate at about 2800 rpms holdin the throttle steady but sometimes it happens in town. it seems to only do it wen the engine is under load at a steady throttle. or maintaining speed. however rarely it does do it when accelerating. its always done it since ive had this 2.4 motor in. i kinda just got used to it. but i know its running right cuz its fast as hell and the afr is perfect even in high boost. but i was thinkin somethin to do with egr since i dont have that or the evap hooked up. but both sensors are plugged in for both (evap purge solenoid and egr vacuum sensor) so i dont get a cel. and it still does it if there unplugged. but the car runs perfectly other than that. no cel at all. when its stuttering like that ill let off until i can tell its back to idle then ill get back on the throttle and it wont happen again for a little bit. and i can even floor it right afterwards and itll respond very nicely usually resulting in high boost levels with no problems lol. thanks for your inputs in advance

Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 AM
justinsanders
Captain

think its the egr? what should i do without hookin it back up

Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

my guess would be either spark plugs and wires.... maybe test your coil to... i would start with those even with the egr plugged it shouldn't really do that... I've run other cars the erg removed and never had a problem except for a CEL so start with the basic... my guess is your plugs are fouled out...

Old 12-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Altima_wb
my guess would be either spark plugs and wires.... maybe test your coil to... i would start with those even with the egr plugged it shouldn't really do that... I've run other cars the erg removed and never had a problem except for a CEL so start with the basic... my guess is your plugs are fouled out...
Agreed.

Quick Reply: engine stutters/hesitates at steady throttle only