1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

the stock pipe..GOTTA GO!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 03:01 AM
harrowneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the stock pipe..GOTTA GO!!!!

I am thinkin bout doing what the guys already told me bout the cold air.. a pipe offa a van..

I was just wondering wit my stock intake.. is it jus that tube offa the intake right to the air filter.. and thats it..or is there an electrical stuff i gotta move or is it..

just get that pipe offa caravan and put it on ready to go?

Old 04-13-2005, 06:00 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: the stock pipe..GOTTA GO!!!!

The stock intake tube goes from the TB, over the engine, back to the firewall. There shouldn't be any electronics hooked up to it. There is one tube that is part of the PCV system that is connected at a nipple. If you put on the 3.0L Caravan intake, that tube won't connect anywhere, so you'll have to put a small filter on it or you'll get dirty air in your crankcase... You'll also have to buy an aftermarket filter for the main tube - K&N is recommended, but you could get one of the $10 pep Boys specials and probably be fine.

Best of luck!

Old 04-13-2005, 06:56 AM
casper
Legend

If you don't car about looks, get a strong flex tube and just run it to the bottom of the engine bay. Just make sure to put a filter on the end, and the hose that you are going to disconnect when you take the air box and assembly off. I would suggest an iceman, but there are other ways to get the same sound and HP, but they won't look as good.

Old 04-13-2005, 06:30 PM
jimmasterK
Veteran

If you're going for looks, get the Iceman. If you're poor like me, get the 3.0L Caravan intake. You'll just need the tube, a K&N cone filter for the end of the tube, and a breather filter (I got a cheap APC one with a chrome piece on it [[RICE!!!]]) to go onto the little metal elbow piece coming out from the valve cover where you remove that one tube from. Otherwise, just unclamp the stock intake from the TB, pull that, the airbox, and the old filter out, throw the new stuff in (with the help of a tiny bit of cutting using a Sawzall if you have the radiator with 2 fans), and you're good to go.

Quick Reply: the stock pipe..GOTTA GO!!!!