1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

auto shifter sticking

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 PM
tabadboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto shifter sticking

The shifter on my 96 won't go back in park.Its like the shifter button is not going in all the way and won't let it go up to park.any ideas. Thanks

Old 12-20-2009, 09:04 PM
tabadboy

I guess I will answer my own question.I found out that it was the shifter itself that was broke.It has a little plastic piece that move when you push the button.It was broke and would not push down enough to allow the shifter to move.$15 for the shifter at local junkyard.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:54 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

lol sorry to hear that happens all the time in az with the heat...btw ''off note''...you can mod the peice of plastic so you dont have to push the button...it saves some time ''shifting'' i did it to my strat and almost did it to the stang...the upside to this is you can swap to a manual looking shift *** instead of the autos ugly bulky ****

Old 12-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Altima_wb
Captain

they also make some pretty sweet shift ***** for auto shifters that look a hell of a lot better then the factory shift ****... and that lil button is a safety feature that keeps you from accidently shifting into park.... if you disable that button somebody could hit the shifter and knock it into park or reverse while your driving...

Old 12-30-2009, 01:24 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

yeah true i should have mentioned safty...im getting to lazy anymore normally i would put the warning lable face out...reverse isn't a bad thing shifting into reverse while driving would simply clean the trans...it just depends if theres traffic behind you XD

Quick Reply: auto shifter sticking