1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

1st Gen Boosting and Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
98neonsrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Gen Boosting and Problems

Okay ive got a 98 neon with a 2.0 DOHC and i am buying an srt4 stock turbo, manifold, downpipe, and i think oil and coolant lines.
ive also got a couple other things: an xspower intercooler, xs power wastegate (that might fit the srt4 manifold), a boost gauge, a bunt (or the thing you tap the oil pan with) an extra oil line, and some vacuum thing ( in the shape of a T (no clue)
I also have srt4 fullexhaust all the way up to my catylitic converter if that helps any thing.
Now im trying to boost my car with all this **** and im wondering if the turbo will bolt right up, or have any space problems, and if ill need anything else, how much boost i can have without blowing the stock motor.
Will i need to upgrade anything?
What else Do i Need?
I just need any help to make this project as sucessful as possible.
Anything Will help.
Also Probly will be looking for stock srt4 internals and parts that will swap right over on to the 2.0 dohc.
Also have another problem with the car shaking vigorously! i got my clutch done a month or two ago and whatever they did really messed it up and it shakes the worst in 3rd 4th and 5th gear, and the when i push in the clutch the shaking stops instantly, so im thinking the did the clutch wrong or isnt balanced right or something wierd but i have no clue. If you could also help me with any ideas on that, that would be great, thanks!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
1fast2liter
Captain

i would check the bolts to the flywheel to the flex plate.....

ill tell you know NO INTERNAL PARTS FROM A 2.4 WILL WORK IN A 2.0 BLOCK.....

that being said you can buy an adapter for about 70 and swap in a 2.4 up to 2001 i think... as far as the turbo bolting onto a dohc head it will all holes but the very outer to most ones will be used... coolant lines can be tapped into the heater core lines... you can eaither drill the block for oil supply to turbo or by the filter sandwich to use to supply turbo.... use a -4 i think fitting to suppl oil to turbo an -10 to drain.. do not use any weld on fittings to the pan as the weld wont take and it will leak.. use bulk head fittings and such to use pan... you will need to modisfy your fuel pump and lines to make it a return line system with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator...get one that you can set static fuel pressure then use it in boost right around 1:8 for every pound of air pressure used fuel pressure goes up by 8psi too. you will need some type of map clamp or somthing since the ecu does not see boost. you will need a walbro 255lph pump or a helper pump to get the fuel your engine will need to run right and not starve... their is more then just bolting on a turbo and adding a couple of things... a good book to get is maximum boost by cory labell(cp) great book helped me a ton with mine. any more questions feel free to ask.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:44 PM
srt4life..

hey im sorry but im having tht exact shaking problem ! its relly relly pissing me off! if u had it fixed or something can u ples let me no wht it is? thnk u! im dying to no i need it fixed!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1st Gen Boosting and Problems