1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

95 Neon - Stalling / Running rough

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Keeprrunnin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Neon - Stalling / Running rough

I have a 95 SOHC w/auto, and from time to time, it has been stalling after braking quickly, then running rough wanting to stall after its been re-started. Then the next morning, it will be fine, until a fast brake happens again...??? It's a So Cal car, all stock, no mods.. I was thinking.. fuel filter? or perhaps sediment in the tank that gets thrown forward, blocking the fuel pickup?? I don't know of anything to add to the fuel tank for cleaning, or breaking down of the particles.......?? If there is such a thing?? A fuel filter is roughly $25, $30, and easy enough to change on a 95... I thought electrical, so I put a new set of plugs in first, and it did not help. I thought coil pack, but that should not be triggered by braking. EGR valve, that should not be triggered by braking. Plugged catalytic converter, perhaps?? So Cal car, all original exhaust..? I know of cases where internals of cats get moved around, from bumps or panic stopping blocking the exhaust from flowing... Any and all suggestions are very welcome.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vacuum leak.

Quick Reply: 95 Neon - Stalling / Running rough