1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Neon atx Rebuild help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Road1420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Neon atx Rebuild help?

Hi i am a new member to the forum i have a 95 neon highline sohc with a transmission issue the tranny won't go into 1st gear unless the car is moving all the other gears are perfectly fine i tested them all i jacked the car off the ground and put the car in first and the tires move and with out problems until the have pressure i can hold the tire with my hand with the throttle wide open and barely any pressure but then i shut the car off and turned it back on and it moved fine by itself even when pressure was applied i just need to know what the h*** is going on with my car i know my tranny mount might need replaced and it affects the driving a bit but it always drove fine for me the tranny cooler lines also went but i replaced them and kept driving to a minimal when doing so i googled the h*** out of a rebuild for a atx for a neon but i couldn't find any manuals or anything i was just wondering if i do need a rebuild is this something that could be done by a capable diy mechanic

Old 02-10-2010, 11:04 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could rebuild it, but it isn't a fun/easy task. I have never personally done it, because I didn't want to take on that challenge. It would probably be cheaper/quicker to buy a used transmission and just replace it.

Quick Reply: Neon atx Rebuild help?