1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Need a part if someone has one.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a part if someone has one.

Does anyone have an old busted instrument panel that still has as good temperature guage potentiometer and indicator needle they want to part with? I have a good panel (all except for the temperature guage) and want to finish putting it together.

If you do, PM me and let me know how much. I don't really want the whole panel, but if you have a busted one and just don't want to pull it apart because it is so very tricky, that's fine, I don't mind paying a little for for the extra weight in shipping, but I will not pay for anything but the needle and potentiometer.

I wish I could find an electronic component seller that has them, but so far I have not been able to. I have tried cross referencing the numbers, but so far, no luck.

From reading the part numbers, it appears that all 4 of them are the same (gas gauage, tach, speed, and temp), so I don't believe that it has to be the temp guage as the voltage to it is determined and supplied by the board circuits, but the hard part is pulling off the needle WITHOUT pulling the center wire out of the meter. It is real tricky, but it can be done with patience and some very fine and long needle nose pliers.

Quick Reply: Need a part if someone has one.