1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

weird question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:58 PM
streetracer88
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation weird question...

the other day i was driving my car all day with no problems and then i went out to eat with my wife and i come back out the engine started then died and was turning over strong but still didnt start i thought maybe the fuel pump but i heard the fuel pump kick on and i tapped on the gas tank anyway and then it still didnt start i tried changing out the relays nothing solved the problem i finallly give up and waited 10 mins and it started with no problems someone told me i could have had water get in threw my cold air intake but idk how it would start after some one else told me the tps sensor or my crankshaft sensor was prolly bad but i have no idea hasnt gave me a problem at all since the other day anyone have any answers as to why it did that?

Old 03-03-2010, 03:03 PM
streetracer88
All Star

didnt think i would get any help from the dodge forums...useless.....might as well close this site down seeing how no one can answer each others questions!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:30 PM
itate
Rookie

My 98 would quit running for about 10-15 minutes then it would start up and run good for a month or so, after about 4 times stalling in traffic I went to the local Neon guru and he changed the crankshaft position sensor and its been running good since then.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM
streetracer88
All Star

i was told my crankshaft sensor was leaking but i thought if it went bad i just wouldnt be able to drive the car?

Old 03-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

moisture in one of the sensors? also they wiring harness could have melted some of the wires together? i had to replace my crank sensor because the wires had bonded together... and crankshaft sensor leakin? never heard of that but.. check the slack in the wiring harness(also caused me a problem) and do a quick run over the wires make sure they are good

Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain

There is nothing in the crankshaft sensor to leak - I know this personally because the first one I pulled out of the engine I was rebuilding came out in two pieces. It is nothing more then a magnet surrounded by plastic with two wires coming out.

What is leaking is the O ring that surrounds the sensor to keep oil in the crankcase. Replace the ring and tighten it down properly, no more leaking should occur.

The crankcase position sensor can sometime start to fail and not give any error codes at all. Again, this is from personal experience as the replacement I bought from the parts store (that replaced the broken one) failed and did not send any errors to the PCM. I had to personally get underneath the car, put pins in the connector and have someone turn it over while I laid on the floor of the garage holding a multimeter to the pins and read the results to find that my "new" sensor had failed. I put it on, and the car has been golden since.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain

BTW streetracer88, most of us have lives to live and we do not always monitor the forum at all times - so if there is a delay in you getting free help, sorry. I have had several threads die with no help, but that is just the way of the world. You get what you pay for....

Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
streetracer88
All Star

i have a life to so get off my thread..kid...i was asking for help but seeing how no one answers them i had to say something so watch your self before startin something like a fight on the internet because everyone hides behind a computer and can say everything but then they can back it up id rather do it in real life if you want problems...thanks

Quick Reply: weird question...