1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Code 37 help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 AM
frhorntimmy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Code 37 help please

Ok Guys I have strange problem can't find a real answer to, tell me what you think I give as much back ground info as possible.

About a Month ago I was having a lot of problems with my SOHC 95 neon highline stalling out then turning on only to sound like crap and have no power/ bucking and stalling out in gear. every time I would have to get the car off the road and come back to tow it or look it over again. to my surprise often when I would come back the car would start fine and run beautifully like nothing even happened and the check engine light would even leave! but when it did do It I was getting codes 37 ..and I think one time 51. either way the last time It did it I decided to replace the neutral start switch(code 37) so I tore the battery and housing out to get to the switch and found a ground wire that was corroded and rotting away, it wasn't even connected to anything. this probably could be a contributor to why I had a cam sensor and MAP sensor both go bad and my fm radio burn out withing the past 5 months. I replaced this ground wire and then replaced the neutral start switch put it back together and the code was gone and it seemed to be in perfect running order. Two days after this I was sitting at a stop sign at a busy intersection for a few minutes and the car stalled out, I started it again and it turned over fine and pulled out fine driving great (no bucking/loss of power additional stalling as before) I was just about to dismiss it from my mind when on the way home the check engine light came back on code 37 again...so I tore the battery and housing out again checked to make sure the wires were on the new switch properly (they were) and looked into it some. I read on here about the Torque converter clutch solenoid circuit not seating properly due to dirt, so took the wires off and thoroughly cleaned all of the transmission in that area and put it back together. the code left and it was running fine, I thought I finally beat it. the car ran great for 2 weeks until yesterday backing out of a parking spot it stalled code 37 ...started back up and ran fine. check engine light is still on.

I'm running out of ideas and patience for dodge electrical/sensor problems lol any help/ideas would be GREATLY appreciated

Quick Reply: Code 37 help please