1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Neons performance options planed out.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Berettaspeed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neons performance options planed out.

Well with post number two I would like some feed back from some veterans that have had experience with the SOHC engine.

I recently picked up an untouched neon.(from the original owners son-in-law) Happy that noone has had the chance to ruin it, I would like to put some reliable mods on this car to give it alittle more putt putt. I would perfer to know first what people dont do to support common mods that cause engine failure with these engines if not done. I have a well understanding of basic modding, but I dont know exactly how the engines respond to them.

Im looking to get about 30 extra horse to the wheels and thats about it. I want to do it hopefull with as little as possible. I will start the search for items in this order as soon as i hit "submit new thread".
Camshaft upgrade with ecu and supporting fuel mods if needed, then intake and exhaust upgrades. It also will need a clutch soon so a simple better clutch kit would be fine.

Oh also any cool brake swaps using other car parts that are known as well as suspension upgrades.

My goal is a simple mid-low 15 sec daily driver. but i have no idea what it will take to get there with the SOHC engine. ANY help and input would be awesome!!

The engine does have small things it needs like gaskets and im sure plugs. I have not tested for any hydrocarbons in the coolant yet as it sits, waiting to get license plates still. But it has been well maintained for a 95.

Thanks,
Michael

Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read Radarlove's post, good information...
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...on-faster.html

Quick Reply: Neons performance options planed out.