1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Clutch problem?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:07 PM
nitroneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!! Clutch problem?????

Ok, I bought a 98 neon 4 door DOHC 5 speed last week. Just last night i pulled into my driveway and when i went to back into my spot the whole front end jumps in reverse until the clucth is fully out and im moving. Going forward is fine but when i downshift it does it. It sucks so bad, Has this happened to anyone? I hope and beleave its my clutch. I dont go in reverse because its so bad. Please help me out!

Old 05-17-2005, 01:15 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!!! Clutch problem?????

Are you sure your rear breaks arent locking up? It happens when you downshift too......Does it pop outta gear when your in reverse? Need a little more symptoms b4 I can help you. Not to descriptive of a post.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
nitroneon

Not my rear brakes, and no it doesnt pop outta gear. I dont beleave its the transmission. I really think something on the pressure plate is ****ed up. Ive blown two trans in my cavalier so i know whats happens when they go.

Old 05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
nitroneon

the problem was fixed that day, the tranny had walked away from the engine on the back side. It made the clutch angle off and chatter, The kid who sold it to me must of forgot 2 bolts and the third was real loose. I WAS PISSED!. Oh well now someone ****ed my car because they thought it would be funny to disconnect the coil, and not all the way, car shut off after i was drivin and it doesnt crank!

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!!!!!!! Clutch problem?????