1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 05:19 PM
chisss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector Headlights

Hello,
I want to buy the APC projector headlights for a Dodge neon 97. The only "problem" i see and 've been reading is that projector headlights are designed for Europe and not for the US. The reason behind this is that the projected beam is focused to the left side in a 15 degree angle so you can see the road signs (this is for europe) since u Eurpean pals drive on the wrong side of the road and if u use the aftermarket projector headlights in the US you will be blinding the oncoming divers since the lights are not pointing to the right side of the road but the left. If your answer is well move the beam to the right I have another answer to that, you cannot move the beam becuase that is th way prjector lights work. they go the way they go. You cannot manipulate like normal headlights.

Are any of these statements true?

Any suggestions to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chisss
Here is the projector headlight i want to get:

[IMG]local://upfiles/16202/8F201244C55B4055AE0432DBF55E84C1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-17-2005, 06:50 PM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Default RE: Projector Headlights

DOT/SAE certification means no European spec - whover told you that was full of it.

They are adjustable exactly like the stock units - two screws on the outer housing. Having "projectors" doesn't change that.

The only "problem" I see is that you won't see. All of the projectors have absolutely horrid light ouput on low-beam, the APC's have bad output on high-beam as well. It's a show item... wow, pretty.

Best of luck!

Old 05-17-2005, 11:50 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Id steer clear of anything APC you can get projector lights cheaper from TYC/GENERA and I think the quality is better in em too. Dont get me wrong $250-$300 dollars for APC headlights is just retarded. If you can get for under 150 Thats kool but I wouldnt take anything APC if it was free.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 AM
chisss

Thanks for the info. I think they are the APC wannabes from ebay Here they are going for about $90 + $40 shipping.. which comes out to about $130. For the TYC can u give me a link where to get them?
Thanks for your responses

Chisss

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights