1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Dash help?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 PM
LilRedNeon97
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash help?!

How the heck do I take the dash apart? I want to put in glow gauges but I don't know how to get in there. I didn't wanna just start pullin on things just hoping that it pops open. A little help guys!?!
Thanks!
Courtney

Old 05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: Dash help?!

HEHE just pull the dash apart ........LITERALLY!!! The top piece comes off with a snap no screws so pull away and itll only take ya 10 mins to do the install.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:44 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Just get the heel of your hand under the lip above the instrument cluster and push up. The whole dash lifts off... Then there's 4 screws that hold the cluster in, and just pull it off the connectors in back. There are 5 or so screws holding the clear plastic cover to the cluster.

Best of luck!

Old 05-31-2005, 06:28 PM
ClearD
Professional

hey, I actually just put glow guages in about 2 days ago. here's some advice: MAKE SURE YOU LEVEL IT ON A COUNTER AND REMEMBER EXACTLY WHERE THE NEEDLES WERE POINTING BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OFF!!!! The needles will move and screw up your guages if you're not careful. I did it to the speedometer and the temp guage. BE CAREFUL! I ended up following my mom doing exactly 60 on the highway and it only looked like 45! I had to pull the needle out (while moving) and put it back in at 60. so, make sure you let it settle and remember where it was before you change it.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:04 PM
fleneer

Re: needles pointing where they should... I've had the same misaligned needle problem before. Here's what I learned to do.

Before you pull the instrument cluster turn the ingition switch to "run" but don't start the car. This will "zero" the gauges. Make a note where the needles point. Then after your work on the cluster, with the lens off you can plug the cluster back in and turn the key to "run" with the engine off and place the needles on the gauges. This will get the needles where they were before the disassembly.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:31 PM
casper
Legend

LOL, the problem is you guys took the needles off. You don't take them off at all, just move them as needed to get the face over. The gauges 0 out themselves.

Quick Reply: Dash help?!