1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Duel Exhaust Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
95neonracer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duel Exhaust Performance?

Hey, I took my 1g 95 neon to the muffler shop a week or two ago and had a custom duel exhaust built and installed on my car. It has a glass pack about halfway down the car, then splits at a 90 degree angle to the passanger side, and the drivers side goes straight back. I was wondering would the split cause any lack of power over one tip? My friend says it wouldn't, he says it would actually have more flow, because it has two pipes. I'm not sure. Also Now that my car has duel exhaust I'm screwed when it comes to the rear part of a body kit for a neon arn't I?

Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 PM
catman22
Professional
Default RE: Duel Exhaust Performance?

i dont think you are screwed when it comes to a rear valance gust limited in your choices, ive seen 4 or 5 different rear valences (fiberglass) for a 1gen neon with dual exaust. I dont remember where but if you are interested i can try to find the links for you, if you want the links just drop me a note.

Old 06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
casper
Legend

There are plenty of kits out there for duals.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:21 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

You dont need an aftermark bumper on your car...just paint to match cuz in reality it looks good w/ a kitted car. Both my neons had stock bumpers and people always think its not the original......when I had my vibrant exhaust I couldnt find a bumper to fit but it didnt matter.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:48 PM
95neonracer
Rookie

Ya all that sounds good I'll have to look around. The only bad thing is that the guy that put it on for me made the tips of it halfway behind the tires..... i guess when i get a body kit I've got to get him to cut them and move them more towards the center.

Quick Reply: Duel Exhaust Performance?