1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Sunroof Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 PM
xxBeaudoinxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof Removal

The guy who sold me the car, originally took the sunroof outta the car before he sold me it cause he said it didnt work, probably just a shot motor or something, but hes a dumbass and cut the whole thing out, what he did was took a piece of sheet metal and tack welded it in certain spots and then bondo'd over the top, doing a horrible job. So of course the bondo cracked and when it rains it leaks, so my question is, am i better off buying a pop up, or a new electrical sun roof from ebay or a junk yard and re fitting it, which i would really like to do, or would i be better off just sealing it. its really flimsy and anyone could fall thru it if they stood on top my car, which i dont know why they would be up there but im just saying, so id like to hear some suggestions, as far as installing a new sun roof/ or what would be the best way to seal it up (if i should replace the sheet with something else).
Thanks

Old 12-01-2010, 07:46 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

bigger sun roof

Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain

Yep. Go bigger both length and width if you can find one. They will cut the hole and the headliner to the new size and if they know what they are doing, will seal it properly and you will a) have a sunroof again, and b) won't have leaks.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:44 AM
xxBeaudoinxx

So i should buy a universal one with a bigger size, or do some neons have bigger ones then others, also will a 4 door sunroof fit into a 2 door roof, along with what do i all need to make it work, it had an automatic one with a button to open it, i know i need the whole headliner, the roof, a motor i assume, what else am i missing?

Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain

I would go with a larger universal one and you should be able to find one with a motor that can either integrate into the existing wiring. With a larger aftermarket one, it will make it easier to find parts later.

Quick Reply: Sunroof Removal