1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

1995-1999 Instrument Cluster with 7K Tach - fully functional

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995-1999 Instrument Cluster with 7K Tach - fully functional

I have a fully functional Instrument cluster with a 7K tachometer that I would like to sell to someone.

When I purchased it originally, the temperature guage did not work. I reflowed the solder joints on the connectors just to make sure they were OK and would stay that way, and then I removed the good variable resistor from my fully functional non-tach IC, replaced the bad one, and then with the car fully warmed up to normal operating temp, I adjusted the needle to match where it should be on the guage. I then drove the car for 60 miles to make sure everything was working perfectly.

The reason I do not need it is because I purchased another IC that had an 8K tach, and I had to reflow it to get the speedo to stop going wonky, but I have been using it for a month now and and ready to get rid of the other one I fixed.

I am looking for $40 + shipping (which will vary depending on where you are), so if you are interested, PM me and I send you the details. Please ask any questions you may have when you PM me. I have and use a PayPal account, and I can even accept CC's on it.

I can also offer up an almost fully functioning non-tach IC (temp guage variable resistor is missing, but needle is included), but everything else was fully functioning when I pulled it. If you have at least one good variable resistor from your bad IC, you can easily fix it. If you want it, I'll take $15 + shipping. If you have a bad IC that did not take the reflow fix, then this one may be for you. Everything was working perfectly when I sacrificed the temp variable resistor to fix the one with the tach.

Understand that these offers are an all sales final, no refunds, no returns, no guarantee offer - AS IS. I know it works as I used it on my car but that is all I can do. If you want to pay for shipping insurance, when you PM me, let me know you want it and I'll make sure to let you know how much it is.

Quick Reply: 1995-1999 Instrument Cluster with 7K Tach - fully functional