1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Keep or Trade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 02:17 AM
DodgeStorm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep or Trade?

All right this is kind of a random post, but I've had my 98 autoDOHC for 3 years (my dad had it before since new) and I've taken care of it as much as possible and replaced plenty of worn parts, but I was considering trading/selling for something like a 2000 Eclipse or something similar, to try something new.
Then I gave it a couple test runs, I ran a 18.8 @ 78.3 and a 11.8s 0-60. I was shocked it was low. It's all stock, but I expected more. Basically I'm torn between eventually modding the **** out of this or trading for something different. Any input on experiences would be nice.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:02 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An DOHC neon with an automatic transmission equals the slowest neon to date. The acceleration is horrible. Its really up to you what you want to do with the car. Modding an auto is fun but ultimately a money pit. The best thing you could do is sell it and buy a neon with a mtx in it. Acceleration is much better. The best thing to do to an auto DOHC is turbo it. Other than that, you will be sinking quite a bit of money into it, to make it fast. It can be done, but you have to ask yourself what your budget and plans are.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:06 AM
4doorneon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say keep the car and put back about $2500 and do a SRT-4 swap. I found an 05 SRT-4 in a pull-a-part around my area for $3000, it was totaled in the rear but nothing wrong up front. Look around try to find a deal like that and have a fun new car again lol.

Quick Reply: Keep or Trade?