1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Dodge / Plymouth ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:16 AM
casper
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge / Plymouth ???

same car, different badging, interiors, and paint.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:50 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

What interiors and/or paint were available on one and not the other? The R/T was a Dodge only thing, but the interior can be found on Plymouth Sports.

Old 07-20-2005, 02:44 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: RadarLove

What interiors and/or paint were available on one and not the other? The R/T was a Dodge only thing, but the interior can be found on Plymouth Sports.
Same with the ACR and I'm pretty sure the highline.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:17 PM
casper
Legend

The upolstry color is different from dodge to plymouth. And I thought there was some differences in the paint choices offered too.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:19 PM
chud298
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: casper

The upolstry color is different from dodge to plymouth. And I thought there was some differences in the paint choices offered too.
Yeah Plymouth offers all the fugly colors lol.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:59 PM
95neonracer
Rookie

Hey didn't one of the two have a two tone interior? I think i seen something about that.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:29 PM
neon1985
Professional

im with mat i have a 96 dodge with a plymouth expresso interior and emblems, etc.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:20 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

1995 Dodge Neons were available in Lapis Blue, Light Iris, Aqua Pearl, Flame Red, Bright White, Black, Brilliant Blue, Emerald Green, Nitro Yellow Green, and Strawberry.
1995 Plymouth Neons were available in Lapis Blue, Light Iris, Aqua Pearl, Flame Red, Bright White, Black, Brilliant Blue, Emerald Green, Nitro Yellow Green, and Strawberry.

1996 Dodge Neons were available in Lapis Blue, Flame Red, Bright White, Black, Brilliant Blue, Light Iris, Emerald Green, Bright Jade, and Strawberry.
1996 Plymouth Neons were available in Lapis Blue, Flame Red, Bright White, Black, Brilliant Blue, Light Iris, Emerald Green, Bright Jade, and Strawberry.

Do I need to go on typing, or do we see a pattern here? Link to produciton numbers for 1995 and 1996. I'm sure there are sites with the other years. There were no special colors between Dodge and Plymouth, ever. They rolled off the same assembly lines, went through the same paint booths. Interior patterns/seat options were based on model (Base, Highline, Sport). Interior colors were based on exterior color, and neither flavor (Dodge/Plymouth) had a monopoly on any interior color or exterior/interior color combination. Both had leather options available. My Plymouth Neon, for example, is Lapis Blue with the tan (Quartz) interior. Most (Dodge and Plymouth) Lapis cars were grey (Driftwood) interior. The only other one I've seen with tan was a Dodge. Later, the interior color names were changed to "Camel" and "Agate", but they were still both offered on both makes.

I've seen pictures of a two-tone (black and tan) interior, but I've seen no proof (build sheet, brochure, etc.) that indicates it was a factory option.

The R/T badging (and specs) was a Dodge only thing. There's no such thing as a Plymouth Neon R/T, nor could you purchase a Plymouth Neon built to R/T specs, with or without stripes. Both had ACR's, both had Sport's, both had Highlines, both had Expresso's (hyped-up Highlines) depending on the year, and only Plymouth had the Style.

The only differences between the Dodge and Plymouth Neons were the 2nd letter of the VIN, the badging, the R/T and the Style. That's it. If anyone else has legitimate proof otherwise, I'd be happy to see it.

Old 07-25-2005, 05:41 PM
jimmasterK
Veteran

Don't have proof to back it up, but I thought I heard somewhere that the only differences between Dodge and Plymouth are the badging and the plant they were made at.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:07 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Dodge Neons and Plymouth Neons were both made at both plants. My Plymouth Neon was assembled at Belvidere, less than 120 cars away (like 5 days) from my former neighbor's 1995 Dodge Neon Sport. Plenty of Plymouth Neons came from Toluca, plenty of Dodge Neons came from there as well, including R/T's.

Quick Reply: Dodge / Plymouth ???